Monday 8 November 2010

Re-Composition Exercise

In my tutorial with Lorenzo, he suggested that I printed out a some what finished (in this case, line art) of a panel and either blow them up or cut them out. I decided to do both and printed out 3 at a4 and 3 at 13, cut them all up and re positioned them all on a new piece of paper. I also decided to add the panel borders just to see how well they could be framed.

This is the original panel (sans border)

Here, the door has been made central instead of Leeland (the boy with the scissors)

Re-Composition 1: In this piece I used an a4 sheet to cut out the characters and placed them accordingly. I wanted to see what an unconventional panel would look like.

Re-Composition 2: Brian and the door-have been made smaller and Leeland slightly bigger. The way they have be positioned gives a greater illusion of perspective.

Re-Composition 3:
This one does not work as well as the other 2 i feel. Leeland looks to close too close to the door. A door which looks massive in comparison.

New panel:
This has been a really effective exercise for me. I know the steps between the first panel and new one looks quite simple but I needed to get a better feel for the layout and step away from the media I was using to create it.

Edit: Brian's eyes...need fixing.

No comments:

Post a Comment