Sunday 28 November 2010

Marvel T-shirt: 'Locke

Warlock from the New Mutants for my marvel t-shirt brief. This is the one I'm going to be screen printing tomorrow (if everything goes well) and then I'll have 3 other characters for the range.
Original terrifying sketch.

Cleaned up sketch.

Not quite sure what I was doing here but this was not the route I wanted to go down.
Thought I would try and rectify the problem with circuity but it just made him look like predator alien.

inverting the colours didn't work either.
So, I went back to the cleaned up sketched and decided to actually make this a decent piece of line art and I think it paid off. The great thing about this character is that he's so versatile and there are many different alterations of him.
Tried to work in a quote but it just wasn't sitting right.
Neither was the speech bubble so I scrapped the speech bubble idea and quote all together.
Decided to go for an all over pattern that shows what team the character is from.

The coulours is will be on the t-shirt. I think this will work for n affective t-shirt.

This is the character that will be screen printed. The other characters in the rage are Anole (x-men), Nightcrawler (x-men) Wiccan (Young Avengers)

No comments:

Post a Comment