Thursday 25 November 2010

Marvel T-shirt Worries

Earlier today I was fretting about my Marvel t-shirt brief. How it was not going the way I had planned and I wanted to change my initial idea. Which is a pretty silly thing to do with only 3 weeks left.

I was too focused on trying to make the girl t-shirts different from the ones already out there. I wanted to put across that girls could be just as good as the guys in the terms of t-shirt design but I saw that I was doing the exact same thing as the official marvel t-shirt produces and was treating girl readers separately instead of the same.

So, my idea has not changed and neither has my designs. However, I am now going to make the t-shirts unisex and so it becomes less about gender and more about what it should be all along; the comics and the designs.

Gender should never have been the issue. It's about how I can get BOTH (and those that fall in between) to be able to wear the same designs without it being to feminine or too masculine. Minus stars and sparkles.

Thank you Carl for setting me on the straight and narrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment