Thursday 23 September 2010

What I want to do!

What I WANT to do in the 3rd year and why?
  • To create comic books.
    : Because it's the area of design I want to head into! It deals with character design, narrative and how composition working with a structured layout. It's also fun!
  • Character Design (Toy design)
    :I really enjoy trying to push personality into my designs and bring illustrations to life. I'm also a story teller whose quick at coming up with characters and what they're about.
  • Type as image
    : Though still quite structured in term of typography I feel there's ore freedom with type as image. I don't want to completely write of typography as it's something that is essential to the type of design I want to head into.
  • Apparel (clothing)
    : A media that is appropriate for the design I create.
  • Children's Books
    : Not everything I want to do is completely about comic books and that kind of structure. I find childrens books can be just as interesting and creative with the idea of using more space for illustrations and simpler (yet affective) story telling.
What I DON'T want to do in the 3rd year and why?
  • Website Design/coding
    : I would happily illustrate or design something to be incorporated into a website but as far as layout and coding goes it doesn't interest me. It's not creative enough for me. It's also not something that would hold my attention for very long.
  • Technical typography
    : As much as I appreciate a well structured piece of typography it's not what I am drawn toward. It's too fiddly and precise.
  • Animation/motion graphic
    As much as I adore cartoons/watching them it's not something I'm interested in working with. I'll happily design the characters for animation but as far as the animating process goes (and working with such programs as flash and after effects) It's not my area of interest.
  • Corporate design
    : I wasn't sure how to word this one. I would never be interested in making a branding or a logo for some big corporate business or a bank.
(I'll think of some more in the morning)

No comments:

Post a Comment