Friday 24 September 2010

Fasion Hero! The New Mutants!

There's far too much writing on this blog. On with some designs.
I've been working on an idea for the t-shirt brief I created for myself centered around designs for comic book women. (People of my gender reading comic books who are sick of the same all old "I only date superhero" t-shirt's that they drag out for us.

My first idea was to have the silhouettes of selected superhero teams hair. I knew this would work quite well for the New Mutants. (This is based on their most recent team book.)

Currently just quick sketches to see if this idea would work. I then decided to look at really simple vectors for the team:


Blondes are popular you'll notice. I was unsure whether to just work on their hair or to combine it with aspects of their powers. For example, Karma can take possession of people and this is illustrated by a pink motif around her head. Or did I keep it simple like Cyphers and Cannonballs (Who went through a period of having the same hair style, switching hair styles and then no one really having a clue what their hair was like)

To know more about the New Mutants please read this context post.

No comments:

Post a Comment