Tuesday 28 September 2010

November: First Story Board

First mock up story board for the 6 panel comic I'm going to submit for the Northern Sequential Art competition. My Northern theme is the rusty building that I can see from my living room/back garden.

The two characters (Who I am aware do not yet have facial features) Are pleasantly minding their own business warming their hands over a small bonfire in their back garden (Which is part of the set up) A large bang happens which we ca only presume to be a fire work and one of the character promptly falls off back in his chair. (He has a nervous disposition.) In annoyance, his friend turns to the off panel neighbors and tells them "OI! Bonfire Night was last week!"

End comic.

The idea being that no matter what day it is in November, there will be a firework and/or bonfire somewhere about. The two boy's don't head their own words.

I'll be working on developing a tittle theme for the page (which will run through out the entire comic, only the actual months changing)


There's a lot of work to be done but this is roughly the idea I want to go for. It's all subject to change but I quite like the pace of it so far. I may scrap the 2nd panel along to make more on panel time for the boys but I'll see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment