Thursday 14 January 2010

Image Editorial

Wooo Illustration Module with Amber. I am very happy little illustrator.

First Brief: Creating a visual to accompany an article. See this post for full problem analysis.

There are 3 articles and 4 separate images. I've started with this one:


The first thing that popped out of this article (This Column Will Change Your Life) was the following quote: "To the moon and back". It's about trying to explain how £850 billion would look visually. When you think about it, to the moon and back isn't very far.

My idea is a simple illustrative image of the moon and earth in close proximity, at the same size. I was going to add either an escalator of pound signs, or pound signs linked together going from the moon to the earth but I'm unsure at this point.

Design Sheet: (Will be added when scanned in)

Black and White Image:


Colour Image: (Scanned the hand made ink image and colour with photoshop using a few textures) :


With The Article:
Overall, I'm quite pleased with how this has turned out. Obviously if I want to present this as the main article then I'll need to come up with something for the Facebook Icon image.

No comments:

Post a Comment