Friday 15 January 2010

Robot Rational

Brief Title:
Robot Movie Season.

Subject and Rational:
Through out cinematic history robots/cybrogs and artificial intelligence have played a primary role. There are a vast quantity of films that include significant robot characters or are about the robots themselves.

I have specifically chosen to work with a range of robot films that appeal to all ages. This is because the movie seasons is about show casing all types of robots and how different movie makers and actors portray them. From life like in A.I and Blade Runner to back to basics in Robots and Short Circuit.

The target audience is that of people who primarily watch the schi-fi channel. However, the five idents can be played on different channels with the sci-fi logo incorporated.

Design Directions:
I have decided to use the two sides of robot design in making my five idents. Two will be back to basics using gears, nuts and bolts while the other two will be more cybernetic (Binary, electricity ect.) The last one will be the combination of the two, the old meeting the new.

I will include iconic imagery of significant robot characters in my idents such as Robotcop, Terminator, Wall-e ect. I will draw elements from the films including colours and a better look into type. (As commented on feedback for my presentation.)

In terms of music and audio I will be using familiar quotes on top of a ten second sound track. Neither quotes of music have yet to be finalised but I have been looking at robot based music such as Daft Punks Robot Rock or Queen Ft Daft Punks Robot Rock you. Non of this yet is finalised.


No comments:

Post a Comment