Wednesday 20 January 2010

Crit Feed Back

Ok so I got some good feedback from the crit today regarding my idents. I'm not very good at reading joined up writing, so I'm going o try and type out the best I can. Then I don't have to sit and scowl at the paper every time I read it.

Strengths:
  • Design Direction: Suitable to the channel of choice. A clear audience. Could see this working on the sci fi channel. Definite theme running through out them, all fit together as a set.
  • Design Development: Nice sketches and drawn story boards. Nice evenly weighted schematic. Cog shapes (bender) are really working. Very nice drawings, wide range of films and genres within the theme.
  • Visual Quality: Nice burnt metal effect. Clean simple cog one. I know what I'm doing with the software.
  • Technical Competence: Good technical drawing of circuits ect. Good quality of line in characters.
Weaknesses:
  • Design Direction: Explore colour and maybe typeface? Look at how actual film robots have been designed - can you incorporate that. limited imagery.
  • Design Development: Look into colour and type. Look into your circuit board line animating to create characters. Colour.
  • Visual Quality: Is it a series or is it separate sequences? They look a little "dirty".
  • Technical Competence: line weight of characters should probably be same weight as circuit for consistency.
Additioal Comments:
  • Chop the cogs out of metallic texture, image mask it. This would fit in nicely with the rest of them.
  • Look at Haynes car Manuel. Animate a technical drawing for each characters- label ect. Also Exploded views.
  • Look into faux data visuals, make up a set of specs for each robot.
  • How are they going to move?
  • Are they going to pan across the screen?
  • Like the Bender One. Nice and Clean - Think it works! Like the cog idea of the cogs turning.
  • Should try jumping out of my comfort zone (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment