Friday 22 October 2010

D&AD Briefs

So the D&AD briefs came out today and there's only two that jumped out at me. The first one was the Diesel brief under the illustration category. Their whole campaign at the moment is about being stupid and how this brings forth new ideas and innovation. They want to apply this to music and how bands/artists in 21st century promote their music as the traditional ways i.e 12 inch vinyls and CDS are no longer relevant thanks to digital downloads.
The second brief was under the animation category; something I had stated that I didn't want to do. However, the tag line caught me and now it's buried itself inside my mind: Create a lead character, with heart and optimism, for a narrative-driven comedy cartoon.

I'm going to do both briefs, but at the moment I'm unsure whether I'm going to submit the Disney one to D&AD because one of the mandatory requirements is a 30-60 second animation. (Which I'm terrible at) It may mean that I contact someone on the digital media course for a collaboration.

No comments:

Post a Comment