Tuesday 12 October 2010

Bubbles!

When it came to make the bubbles and action words for the comic, I knew I wanted to use textures but also make it traditional at the same time. (Traditional in a sense of action words akin to old batman episodes/action comics ect)


Started off with the sketch.
Then made the outline cleaner/neater as well as changed the type in the middle to be one solid word instead of individual letters.
For the stage (And this is how it looks in on the comic) I filled the word with a dark orange, added a texture over the top and set the layer to difference. Then it was simple task of change the hue and saturation to find a colour that would fit.

I then started to look at applying this texture feel to the 2 speech bubbles/dialogue I have on the page.
First bubble didn't covey anger/annoyance in Brian's voice so I played around with the flick of the bubble.
I then went back to the bubble itself to add points and give the feel of bubbling electric anger. The kind that just comes from no where and strikes like lightning.
Adding the text which was pretty unreadable.

I then added the same process of colour and texture to the bubble that came out with the affective use of dark blue and yellow (Which is stroked with black in the comic) When I placed the bubble on the comic page, it overlapped with the other pannels so I have to flip the design upside down and it worked out quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment