Tuesday 2 February 2010

Final Crit

Ident Story Boards:
Marvin:


Murphy:
Roy:
Bender:
Wall-E:

Animation strips:

Marvin:

Murphy:
Roy:
Bender:
Wall-E: (I've only just realised the Wall-E one doesn't have any quotes....)

From last weeks crit I took on board the suggestion that the story boards looked a little dark and "dirty" on account of the burnt metal effect. I've now only limited this to the circuit board/cog effects but I'm unsure about the white back grounds. The other problem I've had is using vectored images of the characters. This has worked well for Marvin, Bender and Wall-E but not so well for the human looking robots. Murphy's design is quite simple to vector but Roy (blade runner) no so much, so I need to work on him.

Test Idents:

Marvin:

Test piece without the audio file. I wanted it to slow down over the words to give the viewer a chance to read them as there are no quotation clips for the idents. I decided not to put them in and focus solely upon the music score. I though this would be more affective, giving the idents a more ambient feel.



Murphy:



The problem I'm having with my idents is that they are starting to look samey. I wanted to keep them clean and almost clinical looking after the crit last week but they're starting to border on lazy looking? (This one also ran on longer than it should have done and has cut the last half a second or so off so you don't see the Sci Fi logo. This will be fixed when it comes to showing my finals.)

DVD design pieces/boards: (to be added)

DVD interface design:

The design direction for my DVD has not altered much. I wanted to keep it within the running theme of my idents i.e white back ground with grey text and image ext. The DVD itself has taken up more time than my idents which is not exactly a bad thing as I have liked making the DVD more the idents them selves. (I've liked designing them, but not trying to make them work.)

Main Menu:
With the select buttons which I have forgotten to add on the one's below. (Which will be rectified other wise no one will be able to use the DVD)
Silent Movie: Movie Season:


(When I started to realise that I needed the selection buttons underneath)


There will be more test pieces than that and they will be named appropriately but this is just to show what the design interface of the DVD will look like. Some of the menu's will take you to image files that can be scrolled through such as the story board menu's.

And some will take you to info screens like the one's below which are incorporated into design rather than just a text file:


No comments:

Post a Comment