Friday 5 February 2010

Almost Final

Here are 4 out of 5 almost final idents. I have to re work the Roy (Blade-runner) one as well as re make the art work for it but that shouldn't take me too long. Overall I think I could have done better if I had gotten to grips with After Effects a little more. It's taken until this week to really figure out just how it works. (For weeks I was sat there trying to make sense of the program until I realised lots of hard maths was involved and gave up trying. Magic, that's how the program works.) And for some reason Youtube likes to cut off the endings t my video's but the quick time movies are perfect.

Marvin:


Film: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Character: Marvin The Paranoid Android
Music: Pendulum; Spiral

This idents needs to be tweaked just a little bit, I'm not to happy about one or two of the revealing circuit boards.

Murphy:

Film: Robo-Cop
Character: Officer Alex J Murphy
Music: Daft Ounk ft Queen; We Will Robot Rock You

It was suggested in my final crit that I should inverse the colours and for this Idents I really think it works well. What I originally wanted where for the words to reveal themselves as the camera panned along the image.

Bender:

Film: Futurama: Bender's Big Score
Character: Bender Bending Rodriguez unit 22
Music: Mad Capsule Markets; Scary - Delete Streamin' Frequency

WALL.E:


Film: Wall.E
Character: Wall.E (Waste Allocation Load Lifter-Earth-class.)
Music: Saber Pulse; Light Speed Disco

This one is actually my favorite one. I changed the colour to suit the character as well as the mood of the film. I wanted it to be very light and happy as apposed to the other robots who are either depressed/emotionless/homicidal...or Bender.

1 comment:

  1. freaking. awesome. all of them. you've really done it here leigh, they're all well ace!!!

    ReplyDelete