Tuesday 3 November 2009

Retro Font-GO!

Over on my Design Context blog I have looked into packaging and advertisement from the 1950/60's and general retro/vintage era. I want the dyslexia store front to have a theme and many iconic designs came from that era. Also, many crazy idea's where boxes up and sold back then and what's crazier than a shop that sell's you positive dyslexia traits?

So I've been looking around for font from that era and here is a small compiled list. I'm hoping to broaden this list but I have my heart set on "Brody" for the store front Logo. (I'll post up the mock up's later.)

(Click to enlarge)

The top four font's are exactly what I'm looking for but that era also used a lot of block capitals and bolded letters so that's something else I'll have to look into. Unfortunately, it was pointed out to me that the thunder bird font looks like it belongs in a western and not packaging from the 50's. I have to slightly disagree as many western films/books and merchandise came out at that time and just before space age really took off. My era's cross because I've been looking at space age and the time when everybody thought we'd be living on Mars by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment