Wednesday 11 November 2009

Logo Re Design

After having a small talk with Lorenzo about what I need to do for this project, we got onto the discussion of the logo. It needed to be more readable and easier to make out if shrunk down to fit on the side of a small box. So I spent the morning going back over the old design and tried to re work it with out completely re doing it.

Ok so here's the original Einstein character that I wanted to keep in the logo design. This is the bit that I didn't want to completely remake but I did make some small adjustments as you can see by the 2nd image. :
Right now it's not very ordered or logo-ish. I change the font to make it more readable and adjusted the size. It needed something to keep it together, like the original had a small banner/board with the text upon it.
I added a grey outlined oval just to see how it would over lap with the text. The actual border is black and it was hard to read the text with that running through it. So, some adjustments where in oder and I had the finalised black and and white image:
I deleted some of the border and even made a small indent around the characters arm and hand so it wouldn't be completely lost in black.
The colours are still pending for the design but here is this is the sort of coloured version. I still need to do some finalising.

And playing with textures and overlays is always fun:

I rather like the distressed look. (But it makes it look more western than retro 50's...but that was when the wild west was all the rage.

No comments:

Post a Comment