Wednesday 28 April 2010

How Much Clearer Can I Get?

Mini crit with Fred and other's in the group went well this morning. I bumbled through my brief and had to pause half way through and tell myself off. Luckily, everyone got what I was getting at.

That I am personifying the regions/counties of England to promote the rest of the country and not just London. (Tourists can be a bit ignorant when it comes to other countries. We're all like that.) - This will be for Enjoy England (the official tourist board in the UK that represents the country and promoting it as a holiday destination)

Something that came up was about the language barrier and how I intend to get around this, especially with non English speaking people. Fred mentioned a guide I'd seen before, that he has, that's full of pictures and you simply point at what you want. (A great and lazy invention of the human kind.) I know it was meant as a joke book but Fred said it was the most useful thing he's used on his travels.

So I'm going to try and wrap the tour guide around something like that. I don't want it to become text heavy. Also to establish the different colloquiums of the English language. For example, a Geordie and and a Scouser sound nothing alike and certainly the rest of the UK have a hard time figuring out what they've said (despite speaking the same language)

A translation guide for different regions would really help in that way.

Something else that came up was the on screen presence. It doesn't necessarily have to be on the internet. It could be an Iphone app, and when you're in the region/county it automatically changes the wallpaper with the character that represents that place. Then there could be an outer link to Enjoy England.

No comments:

Post a Comment