Thursday 29 April 2010

Great Scots!

I've got it!
So I was jotting down accents after it was suggested I do something around the different accents/regional dialects of England. Then I realised that I could personify the accents instead of the counties or regions. The example isn't very clear on the sheet, it was in that moment of madness that you frantically scribble down an idea as not to loose it.

Take an accent like Scouse. This would be the name of the character and he represents the city of Liverpool and the surrounding Meryside area that also has this accent. I would have a translation sheet for common used words, interesting facts about the city and surrounding area's ect ect.

Before this I was working on trying to summerise each region and it's counties. I was jotting down the flag, interesting facts and motto's and sayings.

(Hello spider scrawl and a rather off looking map of Yorkshire. )

It was easy to get this much information for Yorkshire as the counties within the regions are all pulled together into one large community. (not community, more like I put Yorkshire down on the county box rather than North or West Yorkshire now that I'm in Leeds.)

This didn't work so well when I get to the East Midlands:

(I apologise to the people of the East midlands. Maps drawn by a 4 year old)

It's like they've banded together, yet are completely separate from each other. I'm still pretty sure I can so something with this information. I now need to crack on and get some characters designed before the week is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment